Thursday, November 2, 2017

100 Word Challenge Week #8

          I fell asleep that night, dreaming of the swimming trip tomorrow. We celebrated summer at our school by going to Tofino, spending the day swimming, eating huge ice creams, and flopping around like seals on the sand. Beautiful Vancouver Island is where I live, surrounded by the glossy Pacific Ocean,so, a dream like mine could create a life long phobia. In it, I was sloshing through the water -actually whipping cream- flooded with fear. Just as I reached a sand bank, an icy flame shot me upwards. I woke up and switched off my white noise machine. The ocean didn't sound as calming anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Neonorange,
    The prompt words are fairly well spread out in your writing. You have used descriptive vocabulary e.g. 'flopping', and 'glossy', which makes your writing interesting to read. Always leave a space after punctuation. I'm a little confused by the ending of your story. I know it is a dream, but I don't understand about the whipping cream. Congratulations on completing the 100 Word Challenge Week #8.
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Van

    ReplyDelete