Thursday, June 21, 2018

100 Word Challenge Week #36


I buried my face into my grandfather’s chest. Life felt extremely unfair. Why did they have to be my parents? What was the point of having the war? Grandpa seemed to read my thoughts.
“They fought for our country’s peace,” he whispers in my ear.
I knew that already, but constructing a twisted gun statue to represent the peace that the soldiers had brought us was way too much. Everyone thought that the memorial would make us feel stronger. All it did was make me feel weak and frightened. It wasn’t uplifting, it was a burden. One I didn’t need.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Neonorange,
    Once again, your writing piece has emotion and 'voice'. You make me feel like I am standing right next to you and you grandfather looking at the statue. You are a powerful writer.
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Van

    ReplyDelete