Thursday, January 18, 2018

100 Word Challenge Week #16


            Never in my life did I imagine my artwork standing proudly on the school roof. The “Helping Hand Hero” was merely me playing around with clay and plaster, so the fact that it is now the mascot of Hayneywalk Secondary is so ludicrous, it feels like a dream…except that everyone hates me for it. Other people worked for weeks on their contest entries. I did mine in ten minutes. Finally, I resorted to talking to my creation when the situation turned ugly. Kids think it has a magical helping power, but I was blown away when it actually talked.

2 comments:

  1. I like your different take on the picture; not a story as such, more of an admission.
    Nice twist at the end, with your design starting to take on human qualities!
    Wonder what will happen next?
    Keep writing.

    Mr W
    Rauceby CofE Primary
    Lincolnshire, UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you really get across how being successful sometimes has its downsides. Great twist to the story at the end.

    Sherry
    Team 100 - London, UK

    ReplyDelete